Saturday, July 9, 2011

Been Doing a Lot of Thinking

As we have seen thus far, I have had some trouble with the tech aspects of trying to become an indie author. All this trouble with technology made me think about how grateful I am that I have people who understand this stuff and can help me through it. Then I thought about how glad I am to be an Art Director at my day job, because that at least takes the mystery out of designing my own book covers, but for some people, that aspect might be a hurdle. So, that made me wonder if there was anything I could do to help other indie authors, you know? So then I had this thought:
I could help other people with their covers!
Not to build the covers, I'm way too busy to take on another gig at this point, but I could do what I've been doing for twenty plus years as a graphic artist...I could critique it! With permission, I could even post it as a blog and that might help other indie authors, as well.
So that led me to this thought:
Offer it out on Twitter and see if anyone is game. So, I'm putting it out there. Send me your book cover in jpeg or pdf to the 'contact me' address on this page. Don't send content--don't even tell me what the book is about--and I'll give you a friendly little critique.

I am eating a blueberry muffin (I know what you're thinking, again with the muffins, Chris? You must really have a problem) and I just ate some of the muffin paper by accident and it was gross. So I am also thinking that I should avoid that in the future.

Lot of thinking going on over here. Hope my brain doesn't break.

No comments: