Sunday, March 4, 2012

Complaint Dept.

I am fundamentally a cheerful person. So, it's hard to understand the case of blues I've had in the past week. Winter is a very real drag on my feelings this year; I want heat and sun and I want it sooner rather than later. My fingers are consistently cold and I also feel Vitamin D deprived. And I want a damn tomato!*

My health is bringing me down to a degree, too. The migraines, of course, are an ongoing problem, but this week I also had conjunctivitis...pink eye! How weird is that? I remember having a real bad case of pink eye when I was a kid. My dad brought me a terrarium as a get well present and I remember that it looked so odd...all wavery and soft, probably because of the drops in my eyes. There was a tiny little fake turtle on a tiny little fake rock. It was so beautiful; a self-contained world!

So, just two things, really, right? Not so bad, now that I see it written out. And I am very much looking forward to the weekend coming up. We haven't done an event since November and I think Monster Mania should be a lot of fun. I am thankful for the people who are going to be helping us out. My sister Susan, our Aunt Rosemary, my husband's step dad Jim and our good friend Karen are going to be there at different times. It wouldn't be as much fun to contemplate if they weren't going to be there.

Anyway, maybe that means this week will be better. It's good to be looking forward to something. It takes my mind off the lack of tomatoes, at least.

*If you are from Jersey, you'll get the tomato reference. If not, you need to get your hands on a Jersey Tomato at some point. Definitely something for the Bucket List.

No comments: