Friday, August 26, 2011

Not Fun, Not Funny

It has been a very tough month for us financially. Between cat, truck and then car trouble, we're almost four thousand dollars in the hole. That is a tough thing to take and it happened so fast! One minute we're okay, next minute we're teetering on the brink of financial ruin. Hey, listen, we all go through it. It's part of being an adult and I still insist that we are lucky because health issues are behind us for now. The Husband and I both had some major health scares in the past and believe me, a little debt just does not compare. I've always been poor! I ain't even mad, bro!

So I remain stubbornly, willfully, hopefully not stupidly cheerful, despite the hemorrhaging of money.

We are still on track to announce the website going live on September 1st. We're really excited for it--it looks cool! This is our first major initiative to get the books in hands and we have our fingers crossed. I think that with our hard work and lots of help from our friends...maybe we can climb back out of the hole?

Fingers crossed, but not for long...I have some writing to do.

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

I plan on getting copies of all of your books and posting reviews myself. Anything I can do to help, lemme know. Very excited to see the site go live!

christine.dougherty said...

furiousBall is our web genius! Thanks,Van!